Friday, October 2, 2009

Hummingbird Rapture

It sounded like a trumpet then they were gone! The hummingbirds have been raptured!

Maybe it was more like a thunderstorm that came through. They always seem to arrive in the spring after a thunderstorm then leave in the fall after a thunderstorm. I still have a couple that haven't left yet.

They are a reminder of the changing of seasons. I love to see them arrive in the spring and it is a little sad to see them leave in the fall. I think I had a hundred or more this year. I had nine feeders and three like this one in the photo had to be filled everyday. I used five pounds of sugar or more a week.

They are a reminder of God's Word:

1Thessalonians 4: 16-18......For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

8 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your hummingbird photography. I can't get a good picture of my little visitors.
    They were really downing the koolaid weren't they. I have one feeder and need to get more. I see them fighting sometimes.
    I read putting out more feeders would help.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you really have a lot of them flying around! They are such amazing little birds. We have a few and I'm always sorry to see them leave too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your humming birds, I'm waiting anxiously for that trump!!!!! Oh what a day that will be....glorious day.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute post! The hummingbirds raptured. I love it! You really get that many? Wonderful. I know how you feel. I feel sad about the robins leaving. I love their morning songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one hummer that was left behind. The rest of mine left with the storm, just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the humming bird photo. I have never seen them in our part of the world.
    A friend has them when we went to visit her several years and I truly enjoyed watching them.
    thanks for sharing.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't they amazing! I love watching them and how they are so uniquely created. My parents have feeders and will surely miss them as the cold weather is upon us here in the north.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'm impressed with your hummingbird photography. I can't get a good picture of my little visitors. Work From Home

    ReplyDelete