Friday, August 28, 2009

OPEN UP THE SKY!!!!



OPEN UP THE SKY!!!!!


I'm always amazed at God's timing in things. This picture was sent to me by e-mail when our Bible Study was studying about seasons of open heavens and prayer. It was taken in Kentucky somewhere. When I first saw it, the song 'OPEN UP THE SKY' is what I thought of.

The song came out of the Brownsville Revival, which I was so blessed to be able to be a part of. It was written by their worship leader Lindell Cooley and Lenny LeBlanc.

Chorus:

Can You feel my passion
Can You see my hunger
Do You know how I long for You.
No walls between us
Take away this darkness
Come break this heart of stone
Hear my cry open up the sky.

Our weekly Bible Study group has been studying 'THE DAYS OF AWE AND SEASONS OF JOY' by Perry Stone.

It is about the Season we as a church are in right now. A time we should be praying our most intense prayers for our nation, our loved ones, the lost, the hurting, and the sick.

It's a time to become serious about our spiritual future and our destiny.

It's a TIME OF REPENTANCE.

It's a time when the heavens are not brass and heavenly compassion flows the greatest.

How much more intense would your prayers become if you knew God had given you an open heaven for a period of time???

Throughout the Bible, many great things happened on different years but they would always happen during the same season. For instance; Israel coming out of Egyptian bondage happened during the same season which many years later Christ was crucified.

The season we are in right now corresponds to the time Moses went back up again on Mt. Sinai after breaking the first set of commandments, to meet with God and intercede for the nation of Israel for worshipping the Golden Calf. As a result, God forgave and Moses brings a second set back.

Pray now while compassion is flowing the greatest!!!!!

If any of you are interested in this study you can go to http://www.voe.org/ and order the video 'DAYS OF AWE AND SEASONS OF JOY'.

6 comments:

  1. It has been on my heart recently that I need to spend more time praying. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so appreciative of the study you did about this season. It is so wonderful to watch God work in our lives.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this season. I'm excited to see what God does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am convinced if we saw Him for who He was and is, so very much would be different-especially us. Blessings, and thanks for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice thoughts. The photo is a doctored one though.. check here to see the original photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly love coming here for such inspiration.
    Thank you for sharing.
    I really do need to work harder on myself and finding GOD.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete