Friday, August 21, 2009

THE THIRD DAY

Have you ever noticed in the scriptures of the Bible that the days of the week are always referred to as the first day, the second day, the third day, etc?

The Romans gave us the titles we use today: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc...all named after the sun, moon, and stars which were also worshipped as gods.

I want to focus on the THIRD DAY (Tuesday). In Genesis 1:9-13, when God was creating all things, the scripture will read 'God saw that it was good' after every creation then the scripture will read 'and the evening and the morning were the _____ day.

Every day will read that way except for the second day and the third day. God did not see it was good on the second day but on the third day 'God saw it was good' twice.

Because of this, it is believed that the 'Third Day' is a double blessed day. More weddings take place in Israel on the 'Third Day' because of the double blessing.


John 2:1....Jesus performed His first miracle at a WEDDING on the THIRD DAY.

Exodus 19....The people consecrated themselves and God came down on the THIRD DAY.

Ezra 6:15....The temple of God was finished on the THIRD DAY.

Esther 5:1....Esther put on her royal robes and she found favor in the king's sight on the THIRD DAY. (As a result, a whole nation was saved.)

There are many references to the 'Third Day' in the Bible, but they do not always refer to the third day of the week. The term will always be significant though when reading the scripture.

Proverbs 25:2....It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter (word or message).

God does conceal messages in scripture and our honour is to unlock them.

My prayer is that you will be 'Double Blessed'.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra, I'm so glad you are here and have joined the Blogland. I know God is going to use you greatly for HIS name.
    ((hugs))
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numbers in the Bible. How exciting. My daughter is attending a Christian school next year for the first time. She is in 8th grade. The math teacher told us they will be looking at numbers in the Bible and studying how important they were to God and how exact He is. Every number is intentional.
    Welcome to Bloggerland. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by my blog and saying hello and leaving your sweet comment about Leah's birthday.
    I look forward to learning more about you and what the Lord is doing in your life.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra, Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I will check out your friend's blog. I look forward to reading your posts. I love hearing about what God is doing in peoples lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Susan I just had to stop by and read about what God is doing in your life.
    I am so glad that you are aboard the blog world.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, my prayer for you is that you touch many hearts here, as I know you will. Nice blog!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you do, came over from Susan'

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful post! I'm so glad that Mrs. Susan introduced you to us. She is such a wonderful Tirus 2 woman in my eyes, and I'm so glad she is helping to share "Sister Faith" with other bloggers. I love this post, and it is so cool now to know this, because I hold my ladies Bible study on Tuesday nights! Wow! Now I have an encouraging blessing to share with them about our getting together on Tuesday nights! :) Thank you! And Welcome to bloggyland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Sandra. I am a friend of Susan's and have come over from her blog to introduce myself. Welcome to the blogging community! Thanks for sharing this information about the third day--I learned something new and look forward to visiting with you again. I'll be adding you to my blogs favorites folder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to blogland..although I am not a bloger I do follow a few bloggers.. My wife Barbara and I have been friends with Susan and Mickey(Penless Writer) for over 35 yrs. Thanks for sharing the info on the 3rd day. I really had never thought about how important the #'s are and of course your corrent when you say GOD is always right and precise in what he says or does.. God Bless you and you family as you venture out into blog land.. Nice to have another sold out witness for our Lord..... Don

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandra,
    I'm over for my dear blogging friend, Susan. What great insight. Could that be possibly why the music group Third Day got it's name. I'm assuming yes.
    I look forward to getting to know you thru your blog.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey friend,
    It is great to see that you have increased your knowledge and learned to blog. I am so impressed with your "light bulb moment" and the third day info. Who knows that may have been something to do with how the Third Day music group got it's name. I love their music. May God give you insight to more of those thoughts or light bulb moments so you can share them with us.
    Your sister in God,
    Sondra P.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm new to reading your blog. Thanks for commenting on one of mine:)
    My first thought after getting into this post was "how funny! God was not too keen on Mondays either...Ha!" I know, not so spiritual:)

    ReplyDelete